Visit Bishop McNamara
Interested in attending Bishop McNamara? The Shadow program gives the 8th graders, as well as freshman and sophomores at other high schools, the opportunity to visit Bishop McNamara High School to attend classes and meet teachers.
Please click on the following link to complete the Shadow Request Form.
Once you have completed the form, someone from Bishop McNamara will contact you to confirm the date and time of shadowing.
On Shadow Day, Student Guests should:
- Report to the office at 8:00 am. (School begins at 8:10 am) **Students interested in band or chorus should plan to arrive at 7:30 am.
- Comply with the McNamara Dress code: Boys wear a collared shirt and black or khaki slacks or shorts or pants. Girls may wear a collared shirt black or khaki knee lenth shorts or pants. No denim jean, sandals, or flip flops.
- Prospective students are welcome to spend an entire day shadowing a current McNamara student.
- Guests may choose to shadow a student they already know or they can be set up with a host student.
- It is highly recommended that students shadow on a Tuesday or Thursday anytime prior to January's placement test. Advance notice is required.
- The visiting student will be given a lunch pass to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria.
- The parent(s) of the visiting student must arrange transportation. The student guest will need to be picked up in the office at 2:00 pm.
Shadow questions can be directed to Mr. Terry Granger, Principal at email@example.com or Emily Skelly, Director of Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815.932.7413.
Sunday, October 18, 2015 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Learn more about the Bishop McNamara High School community by attending our fall open house. This is a perfect opportunity for prospective families to take a tour, meet the faculty and staff as well as alumni. All families considering Bishop McNamara for their high school education are encouraged to attend.
Prospective families are welcome to come in for a tour anytime. The best time to schedule a tour is during the hours of 8:15 and 2:15 when school is in session.
To schedule a tour, call 815-932-7413.
Visit us on Facebook for updated information and to get a look at student life at McNamara.