Visit Bishop McNamara
Interested in attending Bishop McNamara? The Shadow program gives the 8th graders, as well as freshman and sophomores at other high schools, the opportunity to visit Bishop McNamara High School to attend classes and meet teachers.
Please click on the following link to complete the Shadow Request Form.
Once you have completed the form, someone from Bishop McNamara will contact you to confirm the date and time of shadowing.
On Shadow Day, Student Guests should:
- Report to the office at 8:00 am. (School begins at 8:10 am) **Students interested in band or chorus should plan to arrive at 7:30 am.
- Comply with the McNamara Dress code: Boys wear a collared shirt and black or khaki slacks or shorts or pants. Girls may wear a collared shirt black or khaki knee lenth shorts or pants. No denim jean, sandals, or flip flops.
- Prospective students are welcome to spend an entire day shadowing a current McNamara student.
- Guests may choose to shadow a student they already know or they can be set up with a host student.
- It is highly recommended that students shadow on a Tuesday or Thursday anytime prior to January's placement test. Advance notice is required.
- The visiting student will be given a lunch pass to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria.
- The parent(s) of the visiting student must arrange transportation. The student guest will need to be picked up in the office at 2:00 pm.
Shadow questions can be directed to Mr. Terry Granger, Principal at 815.932.7413 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to tour McNamara while school is in session? Beginning on October 10, and every 2nd Thursday of the month thereafter, Bishop McNamara High School offers "Experience McNamara". The "Experience McNamara" visit will begin at 8:30 am with an informal breakfast with Mr. Granger, a tour of the school, and the opportunity to ask Mr. Granger questions about McNamara. The visit will last roughly 90 minutes. The "Experience McNamara" visit is open to all 7th and 8th grade students and their families who are considering Bishop McNamara for their high school education.
Prospective families are welcome to come in for a tour anytime. The best time to schedule a tour is during the hours of 8:15 and 2:15 when school is in session.
To schedule a tour, call 815-932-7413.
Visit us on Facebook for updated information and to get a look at student life at McNamara.