McNamara's Guidance Office acts as a resource for all parents and students during the college search and selection process. Planning for college is viewed as a four year process.
Each Fall students take preliminary ACT and SAT tests. All academic courses at McNamara promote the skills necessary for success on these tests.
Each Spring students are counseled as they make course selections for the upcoming year. As the college search intensifies, McNamara provides the following:
Ongoing College Counseling for all students. While McNamara's requirements prepare all students for college, students are also encouraged to research individual colleges and the requirements of each of these schools.
The Application Process for Seniors. Counselors help students with college applications. Teachers who have come to know the students well write letters of recommendation as needed. English teachers work with students to perfect college essays as needed. Parents, students and counselor work together, moving through the application process in a timely and effective manner. College Preparation Timeline
Scholarship Newsletter. Updated as needed, this newsletter has proved highly effective. The McNamara Class of 2013 earned over $5.4 million in scholarship aid.
NCAA Clearing House
- ACT Prep Courses
- Better Test Scores ACT Prep classes over Christmas Break and during the Spring Semester will start the first full week in January.
- Classes will be held in the following Areas:
- Bloomington - Illinois Wesleyan University
- Bourbonnais - Olivet Nazarene University
- Champaign - Judah Christian High School
- Decatur - Millikin University
- Peoria - Peoria Christian High School
- Springfield - University of Illinois at Springfield
- Visit firstname.lastname@example.org for complete information
Better Test Scores Online Registration is open Dec 2, 2013 through January 31, 2014.
Visit BetterTestScoresOnline.com to register.