Mrs. Barzantny's Classroom
Hi! I feel blessed this year to have the opportunity to work with the fifth grade class. In addition, I will continue to work as one of the RtI and Resource teachers. This all means I have the privilege of working with so many BMCS students. It's going to be a great year! Overall, I hope to instill a love of reading and writing into each and everyone of my students.
A little bit about me...I have taught many grade levels and have enjoyed each and every experience. I started my career teaching in Frankfort 157c. I taught both 1st and 2nd grades for a total of five years. After having my son, I had the opportunity to stay home and raise my children and now they're all in school! Three years ago I taught Kindergarten here in BMCS, P.E., RtI, Resource and now 5th grade ELA! I'm super excited to work with the students in Enrichment this year as well. While teaching in Frankfort I became certified to teach it. In addition, I have a Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction from ONU. I absolutely loved the program there and love to differentiate to best meet the needs of all my students.
If you ever need to reach me, please do not hesitate. Email is the fastest way of communication for me, but you're always welcome to call the school. I will respond back to email within 24 hours, usually well before that too.
Thank you for allowing me to work alongside your children this year. I'm excited to see them grow!
Homework - Due Friday
- Analyze and evaluate this week’s anchor text by completing the activity sheet.
- Using idioms in sentences and determining regular vs. irregular verbs activity sheet
Assessments - Friday
- Reading - over anchor text
- Spelling -VCCCV pattern
- Grammar 5-A-Day
Please encourage your child to come see me if they would like extra help in ELA. I am available every morning before school, during recess, and after school (except for Tuesday). Effort counts and I would be more than happy to help him/her with anything:)
Just a reminder that all Book Talks will be presented the first week in February. Now is a good time to begin practicing your presentation in order to stay within the allotted time frame by incorporating all the requirements on the rubric. Be prepared to present Feb. 5th in case your name is chosen first.
Catholic Schools Week Agenda:
- Sunday, 1/27 - Celebrate our Parish - All are welcome to attend 11:00 Mass (students are encouraged to wear their uniform)- Directly after mass, join us at our Open House from noon-2:00. The Book Fair will be open in the parish center, the BEAUTIFUL class projects will be available to bid on in the gym, and don’t forget to check out our Maker Space!
- Monday, 1/28 - Celebrate our Community - Students will attend Mass at the Kankakee site - Uniform day
- Tuesday, 1/29 - Celebrate our Students - Students may wear extreme spirit wear
- Wednesday, 1/30 - Celebrate our Families - Students may wear pjs/comfy clothes & bring a book & small blanket or towel to sit on during school-wide D.E.A.R.
- Thursday, 1/31 - Celebrate our Vocations - Students may wear what they WISH for a donation of $2 for the Make a wish Foundation
- Friday, 2/1 - Celebrate our Faculty & Staff - Students may wear their ONE shirt with jeans.